How much media are post-millennial viewers actually consuming? MediaPost reports from a new study conducted by Nickelodeon that kids born since 2005 are viewing more media than historically measured.
Here are some of the research highlights:
· Media consumption is now at 35 hours a week, which calculates a growth of 7% within the last four years.
· About 27% of the daily media consumption is from gaming consoles and computers.
· Gaming is the number one activity for all devices. Approximately 96% of kids use computers for playing games with tablet following at 88% and smartphones at 86%.
· TV usage is up by 12% compared to Nielsen data from nine years ago.
· Tablet usage is about 8% of kids’ daily consumption.